Become a volunteer or share your idea!
We miss volunteers here in Poland! Being a volunteer is still not very popular in Poland where not even 20% of people declare to be ones. Only 18% of Polish society gets occasionally involved in voluntary work. There is a huge lack of volunteers among Polish youngsters on the contrary to such countries as: Norway, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Island, Germany or Spain where such actions are taken by 50% of citizens.
Does it mean that we Poles are not willing to work for our common wealth?
Nothing could be further from the truth! Why then are there not enough volunteers?
22% of Polish citizens are involved in non- formal civil institutions supporting relatives, neighbours, seniors, children, religious or local groups. Among other 60% there are also people who want but do not know how to begin their adventure with volunteering.
Is it worth becoming a volunteer?
I am a volunteer because:
- common actions stand a bigger chance to succeed;
- volunteers get the others’ respect and sympathy;
- new practical skills can be achieved by real useful actions;
- it helps make new friends;
- working in a new team gives possibilities to discover and develop my passions;
- it brings joy;
- it is valuable to be needed.
We invite for cooperation those who are attracted to idea of becoming volunteers.
If you want to start- write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data for: research results of the Klon / Jawor Association (2014)